A range of punched, cut, extruded, sheet and fabricated products.
What is an EPDM sponge gasket?
An EPDM sponge gasket, sometimes referred to as EPDM foam gasket, is a mechanical seal that is used to inhibit leaks between distinct substrate sections. Due to the closed-cell structure of an EPDM sponge gasket, it is impermeable to air and water and is therefore an ideal material for sealing against such medium. Depending on the size and shape of your required EPDM sponge gasket extrusions, medium to high volume production requirements can be
EPDM sponge gasket properties
Closed-cell EPDM foam gasket material has good weathering properties and is therefore an ideal material for construction applications and industrial uses such as dust, moisture and splash seals, lid seals or filters. EPDM foam gasket material is also ideal for noise absorption.
Unlike EPDM rubber gaskets, EPDM sponge gaskets are closed-cell, which means that they are very compressible and therefore exceptional for creating a seal by pressing between two surfaces. At Martin’s Rubber, our EPDM sponge gasket extrusions can be supplied plain or self-adhesive backed.
Other characteristics of EPDM foam gaskets include the following:
- An EPDM sponge gasket’s closed cell structure makes it ideal for sealing against air and water.
- EPDM foam gaskets have brilliant aging properties and will not become brittle over time.
- EPDM sponge gasket extrusions are extremely durable and fairly inexpensive.
- EPDM sponge gaskets have an excellent resistance to weathering and UV.
- EPDM sponge gasket extrusions can maintain functionality in a wide range of temperatures.
EPDM foam gasket applications
Due to their wide-ranging properties, EPDM foam gaskets can be used in various applications. For example, EPDM sponge gaskets are ideal for use in sealing outdoor applications for protection against moisture and dust and they are also ideally suited to automotive applications
Order directly from experienced EPDM sponge gasket manufacturers
As a leading expert in EPDM sponge gasket manufacture, Martin’s Rubber can produce EPDM foam gaskets to meet all of your project requirements. Our team of rubber specialists are always on hand to answer any questions you may have about our EPDM sponge gasket stock and EPDM foam gasket material. To discuss your product requirements with a technical expert, simply call us on 023 8022 6330, or alternatively, email email@example.com.
Availability of EPDM sponge gasket extrusions
- Operating temperature of EPDM foam gaskets: -40 to +70°C
- EPDM sponge gasket density: 130 (+/-20) Kg/m3
- EPDM sponge gasket extrusion colour: Black
- Thicknesses of EPDM sponge gaskets: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12.5mm, 16mm, 19mm, 25mm