What is an Insertion Rubber Gasket?
An insertion rubber gasket is made from a natural / SBR commercial compound with a single ply cloth encapsulated to reinforce the sheet. This provides improved tensile strength and helps to prevent extrusion of the rubber insertion gasket. Sometimes referred to as cloth inserted rubber gaskets, these gaskets are suitable for general purpose use where there will be no fuel exposure.
Benefits of Rubber Insertion Gaskets
Our insertion rubber gaskets are available in an operating temperature of -20 to +70°C and have a shore hardness of 65° ± 5°. These rubber insertion gaskets are stocked in thicknesses of 1.5mm and 3mm, however, we are able provide insertion rubber gaskets that are 1mm and 2mm thick upon request.
The benefits of using cloth inserted rubber gaskets include:
- The ply cloth that runs through the middle of the insertion rubber gasket increases the cloth inserted rubber gasket’s overall strength and durability.
- Rubber insertion gaskets can resist persistent wear.
- Insertion rubber gaskets are suitable for use in extremely abrasive applications.
Find your Ideal Cloth Inserted Rubber Gaskets at Martin’s Rubber
Additional details about our insertion rubber gaskets can be found in our natural insertion rubber material specification and data sheet. If you would like to receive further information about our cloth inserted rubber gaskets, or how to find the right rubber insertion gasket for your project’s requirements, please contact one of our experienced advisers by calling us on 023 80226330, or email us at email@example.com.
Availability of Insertion Rubber Gaskets
- Insertion rubber gasket operating temperature: -20 to +70°C
- Rubber insertion gasket shore hardness: 65° ± 5°
- Cloth inserted rubber gaskets colour: Black
- Thicknesses of insertion rubber gaskets stocked): 1.5mm, 3mm
- Thicknesses of rubber insertion gaskets (non-stock): 1mm, 2mm