As rubber specialists, at Martin’s Rubber, we supply a whole range of punched, cut, extruded, sheet and fabricated neoprene rubber gaskets.
What is a Neoprene Rubber Gasket?
A neoprene rubber gasket is a neoprene mechanical seal that is used to inhibit leaks between distinct substrate sections. Often referred to as chloroprene rubber gaskets (CR gaskets), neoprene rubber gaskets are a popular choice for outdoor and marine settings due to their outstanding resistance to weathering and ozone. The rubber neoprene gasket material makes them suitable to be used in environments where there are animal vegetable oils, as well as refrigerants. CR gaskets would not be recommended for use in applications where ketones and phosphate ester fluids are present.
Benefits of Chloroprene Rubber Gaskets
Our neoprene rubber gaskets are available in operating temperatures of 35°C to +120°C (a BS2752 specified neoprene gasket material would be required to achieve the extremes of these temperatures). These chloroprene rubber gaskets have a shore hardness of 65° ± 5° (commercial grade) or between 40° and 70° for materials which meet BS2752 standards. Each of these CR gaskets are all available to purchase in a variety of thicknesses, starting from 0.5mm ranging through to 25mm.
Some of the benefits of our chloroprene rubber gaskets include:
- Chloroprene rubber gaskets are suitable to be used in applications where there are animal and vegetable oils involved.
- We offer commercial neoprene rubber gaskets, as well as CR gaskets manufactured to the BS2752 standard to provide a wider spectrum of properties.
- Neoprene rubber gaskets have a good resistance to oils, chemicals, UV, making them ideal for outdoor and marine applications.
Contact Martin’s Rubber to order your CR Gaskets
As an established rubber manufacturer, we have the resources on hand to be able to meet various production requirements, including one-off bespoke orders to larger volume productions. Thanks our wealth of knowledge and years of experience in the rubber gasket industry, we have the know-how to be able to help you if you are unsure as to whether a neoprene gasket material can be used to create the most suitable gasket for your project.
Specific CR gasket product details can be found on our material specification / datasheets:
For more information about our neoprene rubber gaskets, or if you would like to receive advice on a particular project, please speak to a member of our technical team on 023 80226330, or simply email us with your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Availability of Neoprene Rubber Gaskets
- Operating temperature of CR gaskets: -35 to +120°C (a BS2752 specified material would be required in order to achieve the extremes of these temperatures)
- Chloroprene rubber gasket shore hardness: 65° ± 5° (commercial grade) or between 40° and 70° for materials which meet BS2752 standards.
- Neoprene gasket material colour: Black
- Thicknesses of neoprene rubber gaskets (stocked): 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm