A range of punched, cut, extruded, sheet and fabricated products.
What are Nitrile Gaskets?
Nitrile gaskets, sometimes referred to as NBR gaskets, or Buna-N gaskets, are a popular choice for general sealing applications. Nitrile rubber gaskets work particularly well in applications whereby petroleum oils and fluids, water, silicone greases and oils are present. Buna-N gaskets are also resistant to aromatic hydrocarbons and hydrolubes.
Benefits of NBR Gaskets
Our nitrile gaskets are available in operating temperatures of -30°C to +110°C (a BS2751 specified material would be required to achieve the extremes of these temperatures). These Buna-N gaskets have a shore hardness of 70° ± 5° (commercial grade) or between 40° and 80° for materials which meet BS2751 standards. NBR gaskets are available to order in a variety of thicknesses, starting from 0.5mm through to 12mm thick.
Some advantages of nitrile gaskets include:
- NBR gaskets are available in commercial and manufacturing grades.
- Buna-N gaskets can withstand extreme temperatures.
- Nitrile gaskets are suitable for use in a wide range of applications.
Contact Martin’s Rubber for your Buna-N Gaskets
By ordering Buna-N gaskets from Martin’s Rubber, our technical experts can provide you with the support and guidance you need to ensure that your gasket is durable enough and suitable for your project. In addition to this, thanks to our state-of-the-art in-house facilities at Martin’s Rubber, we can supply high quality nitrile gaskets on a quick lead time, which is ideal for more time sensitive projects.
Further NBR gasket product details can be found below, in our material specification / data sheets:
Availability of NBR gaskets
- Operating temperature of nitrile gaskets: -30 to +110°C (a BS2751 specified material would be required in order to achieve the extremes of these temperatures)
- Buna-N gasket shore hardness: 70° ± 5° (commercial grade) or between 40° and 80° for materials which meet BS2751 standards.
- NBR gasket colour: Black
- Nitrile gasket thicknesses: 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm