As knowledgeable experts in the rubber industry, at Martin’s Rubber, we supply a wide range of punched, cut, extruded, sheet and fabricated silicone sponge gaskets.
What is a silicone sponge gasket?
A silicone sponge gasket, often referred to as a silicone foam gasket, is a mechanical seal that is employed to prevent leaks between individual substrate sections. The silicone sponge gasket material used for these gaskets is closed cell, which means that it is a very compressible material and therefore ideal for creating a perfect seal, whilst having a very low level of moisture absorption. Due to their highly malleable properties, silicone foam gaskets are often used across a wide range of industries whereby long-term performance is required.
Silicone foam gasket uses and properties
Silicone sponge gaskets, like their solid counterparts (silicone rubber gaskets), have excellent UV and ozone resistance, making them ideal for use in applications such as light fittings, white goods and boilers. One distinct advantage that silicone sponge gaskets have over solid silicone rubber gaskets is that their highly compressible nature allows them to conform to the tightest of corners, whilst still maintaining sealing functionality.
By implementing a boiler gasket material in the construction of your boiler silicone sponge gaskets, you can benefit from:
- An increased boiler lifespan, due to the lack of corrosive leakage from the seal.
- A seal that is highly resistant to boiler cleaner chemicals.
- Being able to choose your ideal boiler silicone foam gasket in your desired size.
- Silicone sponge gaskets that have been moulded for optimum performance and efficiency.
Our range of silicone sponge gaskets also includes:
- Silicone foam gaskets in a soft or firm grade
- Metal detectable silicone sponge gaskets
- Self-adhesive backed silicone foam gaskets
- Flame retardant silicone sponge gaskets
Why purchase from silicone sponge gasket manufacturers, Martin’s Rubber?
At Martin’s Rubber, we are experienced silicone foam gasket manufacturers. We can help you select the most appropriate rubber gasket for your application or project, whether that is a silicone sponge gasket or not. To discuss your product requirements, or for further technical advice, please give us a call on 023 8022 6330, or email email@example.com, and our team of experts will be able to assist you from there.
Availability of silicone sponge gaskets
- Operating temperature of silicone foam gaskets: -60 to +200°C
- Silicone sponge gaskets density: 250 (+/-40) Kg/m3
- Colour of silicone foam gaskets: Off-white
- Silicone sponge gaskets thicknesses: 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm