Introducing FRlite: Equivalent performance, 25% less weight.
With the ever-increasing focus on fuel consumption and therefore weight reduction, we have responded to industry demand by developing a new, lighter silicone material which retains the performance levels of existing high-specification fire retardant solid silicones.
FRlite™ is an innovative silicone that uses novel compositions and syntactic technology to reduce part weight by an unprecedented 25%. The material is laboratory tested, with validation to the most relevant industry specifications (CS/JAR/FAR). Using existing manufacturing technology, we can supply light weight versions of seals, grommets, arm rests, gaskets and washers as well as bespoke rubber mouldings.
Unlike closed cell porous sponge materials, this material utilises a self-reinforcing porous structure to reduce the density, without compromising on the characteristics of solid rubber. The porous structure resists collapse, so load is transferred through the bulk of the elastomeric material as with conventional solid rubber.
This lighter material retains the load-deflection and compression characteristics of solid rubber, this gives the opportunity to utilise shape factor for engineering solutions.
- Equivalent performance, 25% less weight
- Retains properties of standard solid silicone
- 25% reduction in part weight
- Laboratory tested to industry specifications on flame retardancy, such as CS/JAR/FAR
We supply into all levels of the Aerospace supply chain:
Since the early days of aircraft construction along the south coast of England in the 1930’s Martin’s have been involved in the industry, providing products for the aircraft of those times, and following the evolution of the industry through to the current day with high performance materials, innovative weight saving solutions and increasingly challenging sealing requirements. We supply parts globally at all levels of the supply chain and are familiar with the demands of the industry.
- Approved aerospace materials to meet fire retardancy specifications (e.g. FAR/JAR)
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to test designs of elastomeric products prior to manufacture
- Fast track service to meet urgent FAI deadlines and bespoke solutions
- Scheduling software to enable us to meet build schedules and spares demands
- Bonding of rubbers to engineering plastics, metals and composites to provide the most effective materials solutions
- Innovative solutions such as our weight-saving armrests
Products today range from high specification materials designed to perform in extremes of pressure and temperature on engines and air frames, through to cabin interior components such as seat armrests, meal trays and footrests, and ground equipment components such as ground box seals, electrical connectors and protective boots and transit caps. We work with all tiers of the aerospace supply chain and are approved by several major aerospace manufacturers including Augusta Westland. We are available to work on general engineering requirements within our field of expertise and assist on multi discipline projects to deliver complete sub-assemblies in to major contractors. See our specific information on products for the Aerospace sector below, and follow the link for the general range of products we supply into various industrial sectors.
Products for the Aerospace Industry include:
- Tank straps
- Door hatch gaskets
- Rubber Bellows
- Battery Support Mats
- Ground box seals
- Fuel tank gaskets
- Tank lid gaskets
- Tool tray inserts
- Transit Packing Case Inserts
- Coupling bushes
- Door seal strips
- Rubber/re-covered rollers
- Rubber feet/foot
- Rubber Boots
- EMC / RFI Housing gaskets
- Form In Place Gaskets
- Pipe gaskets/flange gaskets
- Filter gaskets
- Rubber plugs/bungs
- Control Cable Seals
- Cockpit Ladder mounts
- Nacelle Seals
- NACA Duct seals
- Aerial Mounts
- Aerial Seals
- Landing Light Gaskets
- Headliner Impact Protection cushions
- Mushroom Buffers
- Footrest Rubbers
- Meal Trays
- Seat Armrests
- Seat Buffers
- APU Cable Bodies
- Seal Kits